Basilica Holiday Resort allows for a relaxed and stress free wedding. The wedding couple have a number of locations to select from for their wedding ceremony. From traditional church rituals to exotic locations. There are a number of beautiful churches just a minute drive from Basilica Holiday Resort, you can even walk to the church!
According to Cyprus law, before the marriage can proceed you must meet the following legal requirements:
- Have a valid ten-year passports not due to expire within six months, plus photocopies of all pages relating to the personal information contained therein.
- Each have your own Single Status Statutory Declaration confirming that you are free to get married. These must include your name, address, nationality, religion, passport number and occupation;
- state whether single, divorced or widowed; that you intend to marry in Cyprus; and be signed and stamped by a solicitor on the document.
- Have the original copy of the decree absolute if divorced and, if Catholic, the original copy of the marriage annulment.
- Have the original copy of the death certificate if widowed.
- Proof of parental consent if under 18, stamped and signed by a solicitor.
- Proof of name change by Deed Poll, stamped and signed by a solicitor.
- Birth certificates and or adoption certificates if adopted.
- To avoid disappointment always bring the original documents that are requested above
The wedding couple have a number of locations to select from for their wedding ceremony. From traditional church rituals to exotic locations. There are a number of beautiful churches just a minute drive from Basilica Holiday Resort for the more traditional wedding rituals.
Alternatively you may choose the Paphos Town Hall which is a 10 minute drive from the resort. All religious weddings and blessings except those performed by an Anglican Priest must be preceded by a civil ceremony. Thus please ensure that all paper work and documentation required is in order. Please refer to Legalities section for details.